- 2013 (67)
- 2012 (213)
- 2011 (226)
- 2010 (249)
- 2009 (280)
- 2008 (302)
- 2007 (302)
- 2006 (301)
OH! Happy Leap Day!
How are you all doing? I love living here with the Meezers, but I must admit, as cute as the Meezers are, I have been a bit lonely. Now I have my very own Ginger Boy!! I am so very happy! He likes me and we like talking together. He's a bit wild, but I think I can calm him down.
I hope all of my Green Wall Shelter littermate Squillions are as happy in their forever homes as I am in mine!
We have been tagged by our good friend Mr Kelly (and Nicky, Caitie and Lizzie) for the Message in a Bottle Meme. Unfortunately, mommy could not get the pikshur to work, but we will still post our message.
Here are the rules:
What message would you like to send out to the universe? You are about to send a virtual Message In a Bottle across the Blog Ocean.Leave a message in the sand or on the bottle.Write anything you wish.Be a pirate or a poet. Serious or silly. Anonymous or not. Here are the rules: 1. Compose a message to place in your virtual bottle 2. Right click and save the graphic at Mimi Writes.3. Use a graphics program of your choice to place the message on the picture4. Post the meme and these rules on your blog5. Tag a minimum of 5 bloggers - or your entire blogroll - to do the same. Notify them of the tag.Your virtual bottle will remain afloat in the blogosphere ocean for all blogernity (That’s a Mimism for blog + eternity.) - don´t forget to leave your link at Mimi´s Home to be added to the master list.
Our message would be: Treasure your friends as they are your greatest comfort in your times of need.
Ok, we're turning over OUR blog to the little brat. I mean to the cute little baby Bill.
Me Bill!! Me movie star!!!! Look at me on new blankie playing wif new toys from Junior. Blankie MINE MINE MINE. (Miles: er, Bill, sharing is nice.) Toys is MINE MINE MINE (Sammy: look Bill, in this house the toys are mine. Unless you spit on them first. Then you get to play with them while they're wet, but after they dry, they're mine).
Me like playing wif all the toys! Me LOVES the nip balls - fank you Junior!!!
This award was created by Mel at Monday Morning Power. Here is his description of the award:"I have always wanted to create and give out my own award. So after much thought I have decided to create the "WINNING ATTITUDE AWARD." This award seems like a natural given what my site is all about. This award is based on positive thinking and is meant for those blogs who base their existence, in part or in whole, on Positive Winning Attitudes."
Since so much has been happening this week here, we will award this to other kitties over the weekend.
Fourteen Things About Baby Bill:
1. Mommy finded him in the parking lot of the grocery store, and he hollered at her and she told him to come to her and he did.
2 . He has never hissed at Mommy
3. He didn't hiss at the v-e-t
4. He has a horrible infection on his neck that keeps draining
5. His eye will never heal. He has a scratch on his cornea from either herpes when he was a little baby or a fight, but he does have a little sight in that eye and normal sight in his other eye.
6. Mommy says he has probably never been inside - she had to show him how to eat out of a bowl by pushing his nose into his food. but he learned fast.
7. He keeps dumping his water dish, so mommy gives him kitten milk replacement so that he won't dehydrate
8. Miles has not hissed at him.
9. I am very GRRY and HISSY with him
10. he's very STINKY.
11. Mommy had to show him how to use the litter box. She putted OUR poop in his box and he went in right away and did his business.
12. he does holler alot - he could be an honorary ginger meezer
13. He will haf his hoo-ha-ectomy as soon as he gets his vaccinations. He can't haf them until his infection in his neck goes away
14. He purrrrss ALL THE TIME. Maybe he's Grampa Norton come back to us. Grampa Norton purred every day of his life all day unless he was sick. That's how mommy and daddy knowed he was sick. Baby Bill looks like Grampa Norton so maybe he has come back to us!
Oh, me about 6 monfs old and me weigh 3 pounds. Lady says me is TEENY TINY
Fank you all for the well wishes for mommy's new jobbie!! We is very 'acited here.
Some of you askded if we will be invoking the M-werd. Well, we doesn't know yet. Mommy has to 'acide what she wants to do - like get a cheap studio compartment in Buffalo that we could stay in for a couple of days a week, or find a house to rent halfway between here and there. Our grammie and grampie only live 10 miles away from us here, and because they're geezers and not healthy, mommy wants to be less than an hour away from them in case anyfing happens. So halfway between here and her werk would be nice. So, it will take a couple of monfs to 'acide what we is gonna do. Plus, we has to save up green papers if we is gonna invoke the M-werd.
We has nefur done that 'afore - this is the only house we has efur lived in. Gramma Trixie and Grampa Norton and The One Who Came Before Ralphie moved ALOT wif mommy and daddy. We is nervous if we has to do that.
Oh, and just WAIT till you see the whappage that was done this weekend. Sammy has a GREAT post for whapping wednesday tomorrow!!
Ok, here is the latest, breakingnest noos!!
MOMMY IS WAITING FOR AN OFFICIAL WRITTEN "OFFER" LETTER FROM THE BUFFALO JOBBIE!! They's sending it fed-x
It's more green papers than she was hoping for!!! She finks she's starting on March 3 or 10.
So, in about 6-8 weeks we will be getting green papers again!!! WOO HOOO!!!!
NOW, you has to purray for daddy! The innerview last week didn't pan out, BUT, a couple of weeks ago he hadded an innerview. They was looking for 2 people and daddy camed in 3rd (he's changing careers to werk wif 'puters again), BUT, he gotted a phone call that saided that the company he camed in 3rd wif called the head hunter and requested that he go innerview for anofur posishun - and the head hunter tolded him that if they liked him, he might efen start werking the day he innerviews. so we is waiting for an innerview to be set up. So, please keep the jobbie purrayers coming for daddy! They werked for Mommy!!!
Fank you all so much for all of your positive thoughts - the cat blogosphere can make things happen!!!!
Whew, it's finally friday! It's been a nervous week and we still don't know nothing about jobbies. what we do know? mommy is WEIRD! She opened a can of foods for us the other night and saided "it's dinner time - it's seafood dinner! let's see, there's seafood and dinner in it" ::Sigh:: she's gone around the bend for real this time.
Ok, about the jobbie situation: No news yet from the jobbie in Buffalo. They gotted her references on Tuesday and forwarded them on. The head hunter did not hear anyfing from the company on Wednesday. Last night, mommy gotted a call from another company here in Rochester that does consulting to the company that laid her off in 2006. The job they have is working with almost EVERYONE that she worked with at the jobbie that laid her off in 2006. It just would not be working FOR the company but consulting TO the company. She talked to him for over an hour and he will discuss "next steps" with the consulting company tomorrow. Mommy says she would rather take a new opportunity in Buffalo than a job back where she really was not too happy, if she is lucky enough to be offered both. But, she might not be offered either. SO we shall just wait and cross our fingers and pray.
Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.
Yes Mom, I whapped that last piece into outerspace.
Ferst, mommy says "THANK YOU" for all the get well wishes and purrsss. She is starting to feel a little less yucky, even though she hadded the "headache from the place i cannot say because it's on my bad werd list" yesterday and last night.
Second, I realize she is sicky, but sicky people should never, ever, try and groom a kitty. know why? SHE MUTILATED ME!!! ok, well, mutilate is a harsh werd, See, she was clipping the claws on my back feets and she clipped one a little too close, and it started to bleed and I screamed and she jumped and I jumped and I clawed her cheek and it started to bleed. It was all very tramajik. I'm traumatized.
Here are some words of advice for when the beans are sick:
1. barfing makes them barf
2. stinky poops in the middle of the night make them gag in their sleep
3. poking the claw of doom into their forehead will get you launched from the bed
4. plucking the fev-vers out of their pillows while they're sleeping will get you moved off the bed
5. kicking them in the back of the head while you're on the couch will get you removed from the couch
6. ten thousand kissies on the forehead may be a little excessive. for some reason their skin cannot handle it.
7. chewing on plastic stuff will get you yelled at. ALOT
8. while they normally do not mind you laying against their arms while they are on the laptop, somehow being sick makes them ultra sensitive to this and you get moved. ALOT
9. petting their faces makes them get all mushy and kissy
10. they have BAD breafs when they're sick
11. they are furry warm to snuggle against
12. they tend to lay still longer
13. they give really really nice scritches when you snuggle nice.
Open closets must must must be inspekted from top to bottom and everywhere in between. You never know when you are going to find things like old yearbooks or baby pikshurs to embarass your beans with. I mean to use as blackmail. I mean to laff at. Something like that.
Since mommy is sick, I haf decided to haf a lesson on whapping the beans. Now, you might say "Sammy, if you whap the beans, you is gonna get in trouble" Well, sometimes you will, if you don't remember somefing furry impawtant- whap wif a light paw. Try flipping the female beans hair or flicking an ear. She might actually giggle when you do that. so you can whap her and make her like it!! If you haf a heavy sleeper, then nightime is the right time for whapping! You can whap them right in the face and they won't feel it if they're heavy sleepers. If they're not, then you are taking your life in your paws doing that. Instead, whap their feets through the blankies.
Whapping at ankles when they are walking by is always fun. And don't forget the ever important hand whapping when they're trying to pet you!
Practice these ideas this week!
However, we cannot pass out the awards today because Mommy is really sicky. We needs to purr on her to make her better.